07 February 2012

Paleo Pancakes



This week, I've documented my paleo pancakes. I've been making these for several months now. I first heard of this recipe from a friend in Boston. A banana, a tablespoon of almond butter, and an egg are the basics. Blend them together and a delicious batter forms.


I've experimented with adding ground almonds and coconut flakes to give it a bit of texture, so now I add about a 1/4 cup of each. This week I added two scoops of protein powder to a double recipe. This gives them a lot more protein  per serving. When cooking, I found that this recipe is a bit easy to burn if I'm not diligent watching them cook. And there's room on the griddle for a small steak!


I think this batch turned out great! I'll eat these plain, and they are delicious! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment