17 February 2012

Carrot/Banana/Pumpkin Paleo Muffins

I made this recipe from Alison last week:
It's delicious!! I was thinking about making the paleo pie crust from Paleo Comfort Foods and putting the muffin mix in that to make a carrot/pumpkin paleo pie!! Maybe even put some pecans on top. I think I love eating just behind my love of Crossfit!

Carrot Banana Muffins
2 cups almond flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp celtic sea salt (or regular salt will work if you do not have sea salt)
1-2 tbls cinnamon
1 tbls of a combo of pumkin spice or all spice (optional)
1 cup dates, pitted
3 ripe bananas
3 eggs (optional)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 c coconut oil, melted
1.5 c carrots, shredded
3/4 c walnuts, finely chopped
1/2 to 3/4 c raisins (optional)
8-16 oz pumpkin (optional - I think it strangely mutes the flavor a bit but it adds so much good stuff so I always add)

In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and other desired spices (pumpkin spice or all spice)
In a food processor combine dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar and oil and puree
Add date/banana mixture to dry mixture and add pumpkin if desired (this is a great way to eat pumpkin and I usually add a whole can - adding in the pumpkin may mean your muffins need to cook a bit longer or you may need to add 1/2 c or so of almond flour)
Add raisens, walnuts and carrots and stir until all ingredients combined.

Spoon into muffin tins and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutues.  Makes 18-22ish

No comments:

Post a Comment