17 February 2012

Sweet potato

I tried another recipe from Paleo Comfort Foods, the sweet potato casserole. The recipe was super simple, and I used my food processor to cut the potatos, so it's really quick. I was out of pecans, so I just used walnuts on top. I thought the flavor was great, I'll try adding the lemon zest next time. And there was a lot of leftovers, which is great, so I won't have to cook as much next week. I added this as a side to grilled chicken skewers and grilled squash and zucchini. I put a curry powder on the grilled veg, which was awesome. I will probably do that until I get sick of curry, which could be a long time. I'll probably run out of curry powder first! If you try this, please add your photos and variations. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Instead of curry powder, try powdered sumac sometime. You can find it at the Savory Spice Shop or at Central Market in bulk spice offerings. Great on grilled veggies!

    ReplyDelete