The first day of training, I taught Bruce how to deadlift the log safely and move it to a shoulder press position. Then he ran laps around his driveway while carrying it on his shoulder. I am always so excited watching him and just want to grab the log from him like a relay baton!
I think towards the end of the workout, he wishes I would take the log! But, he doesn't have to lift the log to get a good workout! One of his least favorite exercises is the burpee, but when I make them log facing burpees, they are just that much more fun!
One of the coolest looking exercises Bruce does is the overhead log press! All men should have at least a day in their lives drenched in sweat and pressing logs overhead before they call themselves a man.
Another manly thing to do with logs is tossing the caber! A traditional Scottish Games event can provide a great workout that uses all the muscles of the body.
Bruce said some of the neighborhood kids call him Chuck Norris. Chuck is a badass and so is Bruce. He is always smoked at the end of the workout, but still smiling!







No comments:
Post a Comment