Improving lives through fitness, obstacle races, and world exploration.
29 October 2012
Completing the GoRuck
Last weekend, Bruce and Kelly joined 20 other candidates in San Antonio for the GoRuck challenge. After 13 hours of exercises and carrying heavy, awkward objects, they finished. I wanted to hear the stories, so I had a celebration dinner with Bruce, Kelly, their wives, and Bruce's mom.
Listening to the stories of their adventure made me not too sad that I missed out on participating. The GoRuck sounded brutal! Carrying several objects filled with concrete for miles, sandbags, etc. The cadre was more inventive with heavy objects than I thought of during training Bruce and Kelly. Seeing the smiles on their faces and pride in their voices was the greatest reward for all the training we did. I think what they went through was possibly more challenging than actual Selection because so many variety of activities were condensded into 12 hours.
The teamwork from the other candidates sounded great, most people pulling their weight. One guy was noted as a shirker, which can be expected in a large group. Overall, it seemed like the participants pushed themselves a little farther than they thought they could go. I was proud of all the hardwork Bruce and Kelly put in to prepare for this event. Congratulations!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment