26 January 2012

Apple/carrot paleo muffins

This morning, I tried making apple/carrot muffins from the paleo comfort foods cookbook.


The recipe was mostly almond, apple, carrot, raisin, and coconut flakes, so I was thinking it could be a bit like carrot cake. I generally followed the recipe, a little bit less almond meal because I ran out, a little extra carrot to use a whole carrot. The batter looked really good.

I decided to add three scoops of protein powder to the second half of the batch. After baking for 25 minutes, the toothpick came out clean. The muffins looked good, easy to tell the difference between the protein powder ones and the plain.

The problems came when I tried removing them from the pan. The protein powder ones came out fine, but the plain ones broke apart! They all tasted good, I guess I'll have to turn those into an apple/carrot cobbler!

No comments:

Post a Comment